Thursday, December 10, 2009

...aight..so i don't wanna do it, but everybody else has...and some people just sound like dumbasses, so here we go.

In the last couple of weeks, I know everybody's heard about this Eldrick Woods situation. Dude got caught up with a side piece, wife allegedly beat on him, he dropped 7 figures to keep the chick, yadda, yadda, etc. Whatever with that.

I'm not here to talk about dude's personal life at all. All I can say is that karma is very real, I've been in that position and made the wrong decision as far as temptation goes and it's a helluva road to walk. The onus of gaining that trust back and having to look your lady in the face after the fact is daunting to put it lightly. But a dope thing about life is that as long as you have it to live, you have opportunities to make amends for most bullshit you do. Hopefully, he learns from this, is able to improve, and enrich his marital and family life.

On some g shit, when I first heard about the whole situation, all I could do was shake my head. Not for the fact that he got caught up, but for the fact that the media and the easily distracted people who listen to that bullshit were about to assassinate his character. As long as we've known of Eldrick and his heritage, dude's never been the type to take a stand as far as race goes. At points, it has appeared as though his ethnicity is something he represses and tries to distance himself from as much as possible. He's taken a considerable amount of flack from pressed, probably envious people who have their vantage points on the topics of race and him as a person. Though I've pondered whether or not he's ashamed of his race, I've always taken dude more so as a cat that just wants to do what he loves, get his money and go home, which is something I don't find fault in. That notwithstanding, I knew that he was going to be treated as a 'nigger' in the eyes of this finicky machine that is the American press.

We've seen coverage of this issue as though dude's murdered somebody. Granted, the decision to cheat was a bad look, bet, I got that. But damn, how many men and women, celebrity and non-celebrity, have committed infidelity in their lifetime? Like I thought. But it's really corny how prominent folks of color get slandered and slaughtered in this country for the mistakes that they make. I understand the history of oppression we have and continue to suffer to a great extent and the fact that one's spot in 'their' crosshairs will only become larger as a person's pocket or stature increases, and although I know the answer and it's reason, I still must ask - why are the mistakes of our people vilified and amplified? This is certainly not the most sexually immoral shit ever done by a celebrity. Google Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn. That disgusting shit with Antoinette Davis prostituting her 5 year old daughter didn't get 1/3 of the burn this story's getting. Where the fuck are the priorities of the folks who delegate what's news right now? C'mon, son.

Before i wrap my lunch up, all these women (*sigh* especially black women) throwing dude under the bus, shut the fuck up. "Shouldn'ta be fuckin that white girl", "that's what he get for acting white", etc. Wrap it up. There's a plague of women who have no idea how to even keep a mate right now, so a lot more of y'all ought focus on self and family as opposed to passing judgment on that man and his preferences. Don't get me wrong, I love my sisters with everything I have. God gave the world it's greatest gift and resource when he created y'all, but those of you kicking that shit...Matthew 7:3-5.

In closing, let Eldrick be. Dude's a human being that fucked up. Don't throw rocks on no spiteful, envious shit. Shit ain't no business of yours or mine no way. Hold your head, Tiger. I see you, nigga. *scroll for fist pumpage*



























No comments:

Post a Comment