Thursday, June 17, 2010

...Ace Cash Express.....thirstiness...long, but the payoff's worth it..ha

Peace.....peep, I vacationed from Memorial Day to the 7th of this month, right? (14 months at Amtrak, nigga wuuuuuuuut?) On May 29th, the Friday before I left, I went to Ace Cash Express on Kennedy St to get my responsible father on and send my daughters' mother some paper so my kids can eat, have a roof over their heads and cool shit like that. I've done this shit via my debit card countless times without issue, but on this particular day, dude that works at the joint charges my checking account twice. Nothing looked abnormal when I was in the store, but when I got home and checked my balance...there was a nice bit less than there should have been.

But hell, everybody makes mistakes...so I'm not too upset. I call my bank and let them know what popped off and see if they can just simply remove the duplicate charge. That doesn't work, so I call Ace's cust. service number and tell them the situation. The lady i spoke with tells me that the charge has shown up twice in their system, calls the store try'na get in touch with dude who made the mistake so he can refund the money, but he doesn't answer the phone. She tells me that I'm gon have to wait until Monday to do something since whoever has authority at her office is gone. I call from the airport Monday and they tell me that I have to go to the store to physically pick the bread up, which makes no sense to me, especially considering the fact that I'm bout to be outta town for a week. Plus, I got rent to pay....so that only adds to the frustration that's beginning to build.

Fast forward through a dope vacation and I'm back to work in DC June 8...soon as I get off work, I shoot to the store to get things handled. The cat who messed up originally was off that day, so there was a chick working. I give her my information and she starts off hella wrong...

"Why didn't you come last Monday?"
I was on vacation outta town
"Well, why didn't you come Tuesday?"
I was on vacation all last week, I just got back here last night

Now, I'm playin it cool because I know that she wasn't the one that actually fucked up, but in my head I'm dead ready to tell her..."yo, broad...you askin too many mufuckin irrelevant questions right now, what's pertinent is that I'm here today...so get off that goofy shit, get on the phone and do your job." Fortunately for her (and me), I've been try'na convert to a more peaceful and patient way of thought and action (plus I've learned God rewards patience)...so I don't hook off on her.

Ol inquisitive ass tells me that it's gonna take 20 minutes for her to get in touch with the people she needs to in order to take care of the shit. I turn on the iPod, sit for a few...then I call my bank for about the 3rd or 4th time since the start of the whole thing...they tell me that my issue has been processed and my account will be credited by the end of the day...which was dope...and it actually happened (God rewards patience). So now, I'm sittin in the joint ready to double up and Ol inquisitive ass hangs up the phone to tell me everything's straight...

"I finally got on the phone w/ the person I was trying to reach and I have what I need to give you your money. Thanks for your patience."
No problem at all. It wasn't your fault, so it's cool. Preciate it.
*joking*
"Now, when I was on the phone they told me that the rule is since I'm doing this refund, you have to give me half of it."
*not laughing*
...Well, I don't know what they told you, but somebody lyin.


"Ha ha, I was just joking, I'm sorry. I should be more professional."
No sweat, it's been a long day...I'm not trippin.

"Seriously, I'm gonna write you a check and you can cash it."
*still not laughing*
...Ummm

"Ha, I'm really being unprofessional today. I shouldn't play with your money like that...so, I'm gonna give you this money order so you can cash it."
*blank face*
You know? You oughta hit one of these comedy open mics on U Street, you might have a future...

Finally, after all the stupidity was finished and she puts the damn money in my hand. *sings* WORK IT OUT....di- didn't he work it?...WORK IT OUT...di-didn't he work it?

(praise break over)

I'm ready to shake, but ol babe is still talkin...topics ranging from apologizing for how unprofessional she was....how she hates this job and is mad that she's been working there as long as she has, to how she's a naturally silly, fun-loving person and some more shit...opening up to me like I'm fucking Diane Sawyer or somebody. I'm not a rude dude (don't say shit), so I lightweight engage the conversation...answer the various questions she asks, and look up from my phone on occasion to show that I'm listening ..suddenly shit starts getting weird....

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done all that joking, but I'm very playful. Do you watch Family Guy?"
*da fuck?*
......ummm, yeah. Great show.
"I love Family Guy and Adult Swim... you watch Adult Swim?"
yeah, lotta funny stuff on there

"You live in DC?"
Yup.
"Where?"
Northeast

"So, you're not from here?"
Nah, just moved here from St. Louis last year to take a job

"Do you have family here?"
no.
"That's really impressive. You must be very independent to be able to do something like that........."*she proceeds to ramble on about irrelevant shit...*
Thanks. Just doing what I gotta do to provide for me and my family.
"Family? You have kids?"
Yup, two girls...
"How old are they?"
2 and 1.
"Awwww, then you probably have a wife, too."
I actually don't.
"REALLY? Well can I see some pictures?"
I'm actually gonna get outta here and go home.
"Oh, OK. Well, it was nice talking to you...I'd love to see you again....could I have your number?"

(I'm NOT making this shit up. I promise. l m a o)

Now, in my mind I'm laughing because some part of me felt this coming, but because of all the hassle I've had to deal with behind this shit...I was bout ready to treat her. I play it cool and try not to hurt her feelings, tho...

I actually have a girlfriend, sorry, babe. You stay cool, tho.

Chick's face fucking DROPPED when I told her that shit. She was looking like she was gon attempt suicide that evening or some shit. She was looking like one of them ran through broads on Maury Povich that find out that nann of the 14 niggas she invite on the show are the father of her kid. She was looking like LeBron would look if he walked in on Delonte stainin his mom.....She was looking like..........fuck it, you get it. That shit was hilarious, tho. That's what her ass get.

2 comments:

  1. *DEADDDDDDDDDDDDD* You have me in tears cracking the hell up! WOWWWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao your description of the incident was so REAL and *hiLaRioUs* I felt like I was there, watching this happen... :-D

    ReplyDelete